About Dawson Jockey Club
There has been racing in Taroom since 1859. The early clubs were the Taroom Racing Club, Taroom Jockey Club, the Dawson Amateur Race Club and in 1890 the Dawson Jockey Club was formed. Racing has played a significant role in the social, sporting and economic life of the community.
One of the distinguishing features of the racetrack is that the horses race anti-clock wise and it is one of only four left-handed tracks in Qld. There are two race meetings per year, the Leichhardt Hotel Taroom Cup in September as part of the Dawson River Festival and another meeting around New Year. The races well attended with between 600 and 1000 people and there is a good variety of entertainment for the whole family.
M: 0427 530 246
M: 0428 735 927
M: 0427 283 217